How to become a Trainer
Trainers: As a trainer in the system, you will be able to view the participant list for any course you are training on, and upload documents to the website that participants will be able to access. Your name will appear on a listing of available trainers for any training role that you have selected in your preferences.
How to set yourself up as a trainer:
- Create a profile for yourself. Click the Login button at the top right of the page and follow the instructions.
- Email email@example.com and request trainer permissions. If you would like to be considered as a course leader or course administrator, please let the dcc know, as this will require different permissions
- Once the DCC informs you that you have been given trainer status, you must set your preferences. When you are logged in, click on your name in the login button on the top right to see your profile. At the bottom of the page (you may have to scroll down) there is a section entitled Training Preferences. Please select any role you may be interested in. You must choose a course type and role for each entry, and you must make a selection for each type of course you would like to train on.
- When you agree to train on a course, the course leader will add your name to the trainers on that course, giving you access to the information for that course.
Course Leaders and Administrators: As a trainer with course leader privileges, you will be able to add a course to the calendar. At the bottom of the calendar page, you will see a link for Add a Course. This link brings up a form. You must fill in every field on the form. Once it is submitted, it goes to the DCC for approval. Once approved, it will appear on the calendar and participants will be able to register.
How to set yourself up as a course leader:
- Follow the steps above for a trainer. Be sure to select course leader and/or administrator in your preferences. You will be able to add any type of course for which you have set the correct preference.